As the custodians of one of Botswana’s very first safari camps the owners of Xakanaxa Camp (pronounced Ka-ka-na-ka) have gone to extraordinary lengths to preserve its original African bush camp character whilst providing guests with every comfort.
Its prime location on the banks of the Khwai River on the Xakanaxa Lagoon in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve ensures that it is one of the only safari camps which can provide guests with an authentic year round Okavango Delta land and water safari experience.
Big game, big birds, big water – Xakanaxa Camp is one of the camps in Botswana’s Okavango Delta.
Xakanaxa is located in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve, rated as
one of Africa’s most beautiful game reserves, about 50 kilometres to the west
of the Khwai Gate and about 140 kilometres to the north of Maun. Situated on
the Xakanaxa Lagoon, Xakanaxa boasts one of the prime locations in all of
Towering riverine forests, open savannah, seasonal floodplains, permanent lagoons, rivers and the intricate channels of the Okavango Delta surround the camp. This makes for a varied habitat that ensures the safari traveller of the very best all year round Okavango Delta land and water experience.
Access to Xakanaxa Camp is by charter aircraft to the Xakanaxa airstrip from Maun (25 minutes) and Kasane (one hour), both of which can be reached by Air Botswana scheduled flights from Johannesburg.
Road transfers operate daily between Kasane and Victoria Falls and Livingstone. Xakanaxa Camp transfers guests from and to Xakanaxa airstrip (15 minutes). The airstrip is suitable for single-engined aircraft only.
**** Star Grading
Thirteen tents in total consisting of:
* 12 x twin bedded tents – can be arranged as single or double beds
* 1 x guide/pilot tent (same standard as guest tent)
The camp can accommodate 24 guests plus tour leader
* All canvas, Meru-style classic luxury safari tents on raised decks
* En-suite facilities within tent – shower, hand basin and ablution facilities
* Fans in all guest tents
* A unique water sprinkler system aids cooling in the midday heat
* Plug points for charging equipment
* Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent
* A hairdryer is supplied in each tent
* Gowns supplied in each tent
Daily camp activities follow a rhythmic pattern in harmony with nature– generally guests enjoy a light breakfast of coffee, tea, fruit juices, cereals, muffins and fresh fruit just before dawn and then set off on extensive safari drives, boat or mokoro outings.
Upon returning to camp three or four hours later, its time for a scrumptious brunch, including a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
A siesta is followed by high tea before guests set off again on a safari activity that returns to camp approximately half an hour after sunset. A chance to freshen up is followed by pre-dinner cocktails and snacks, dinner and coffee and liqueurs on the fire-deck.
* Game drives via open Land Rovers. (Four 10 seater Land Rovers are available. However only 6/8 guests are accommodated per vehicle)
* Water game viewing via mokoro. This activity is of a 30-minute duration and is done in conjunction with a powerboat exploration of the Okavango. (Four mokoro each seating two guests)
* Power boating available year round (Three x 8-seater boats).
Rates: on request
Contact & reservations:
1) you can e-mail us requesting information and/or rates
Reservations are only accepted in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Final availability confirmation: in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Terms & conditions, Payment options and Cancellation policy
Accommodation in the area:
Activities in the area:
Page created and serviced by
Copyright © 1998-2017 NamibWeb.com - The online guide to Botswana
All rights reserved
Page is sponsored by ETS & www.namibweb.com
Disclaimer: no matter how often this page is updated and its accuracy is checked www.namibweb.com and ETS will not be held responsible for any change in opinion, information, facilities, services, conditions, etc. offered by establishment/operator/service/information provider or any third party
Description & pictures: Copyright © Xakanaxa Camp